Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Could I Be More Type A?

Ok so day 1 has come and gone. I will say that it was a bit of a "soft opening" because I was not able to really go grocery shopping on Sunday. However I did pretty well....I only sneaked one butterscotch chip from the cake on top of the fridge! It cracks me up how Type-A I am though. I couldn't start anything until I had read the whole book and made lists all over the house. What to eat....how much....when...even a spreadsheet to make sure I am getting everything in! It will get easier I'm sure once time goes on but I felt very calm with my little checklists! Day 1 I felt like all I did was eat all day long! It was very much like feeding Emma...every 3 hours! Just as long as I don't end up with her thighs...they are SUPER cute and squishy on her...not so much for me!

Today I am feeling much better about constantly feeding my face. I did something similar when I got married and ended up losing 20lbs! I was as small as I was during my crazy sports times! I spent the first few weeks feeling really full. Once my body got used to the food I was hungry almost on cue! So I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I have those 5 last lbs from my pregnancy that are a thorn in my side! (I have to digress and make sure it is clear that I am so thankful for my health and the many blessings the Lord has given me. These lbs won't kill me but they just annoy me!) I had lost 30lbs a week after my C-section and felt like I was on the Biggest Loser Ranch! Then over the following 6 months I lost 15lbs more. Yes do the math folks....even after spinning EVERY day for 9 months I still gained 50lbs! Oh well Emma was healthy and happy! My goal is to lose at least 10-15lbs but I will sing a glorious hallelujah after 5! Day 2 is halfway done....not giving away my starting weight but will keep you posted on the loss!

4 comments:

  1. You'll shed those last few pounds in no time, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm finding this so hard, because one day I am motivated and the next I just don't care... haha. It will happen for us. Don't the kids get more active, we'll be chasing them around and drop the weight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for following me!

    If it makes you feel any better (and you know I'm sure) those last 5 are a terrible pain in the butt! You're only 8 months about and doing great -- cutting out the junk is the best step you'll make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there. Those last few pounds will come off.

    ReplyDelete