Thursday, November 5, 2009

Calling all Boston runners!

I may be wicked late in finding this challenge but there is a cool challenge from Marathon Sports. It is called the Run Boston Challenge. You have to go to the store and get a run card. Then you have 90 days to complete 130 miles of runs from the new book "Great Runs in Boston and Brookline" by Mark Lowenstein. I am a little far from the city so these would be a challenge for me to do them but it sounds cool and the reward for the first 50 finishers is a Timex Ironman watch. Everyone gets a shirt and invite to a post-party. All runs must be completed by Dec. 15th. If you are a Boston runner you should definitely try it out!

5 comments:

  1. What a cool idea! I would finish off my yearly mileage quickly with a super incentive like this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i got this email, too! i don't think i will be doing it but if i had some people who were also doing it i might be more likely to participate, esp cuz we'd all be at teh after party :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds awesome!! Too bad I dont live in Boston anymore - I would totally rock this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That does sound cool. I live south of Boston, so I don't think I could complete all the runs, but I'd be interested in trying out a few.

    Thanks for your compliment on my blog. I like finding other Bostonians!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool. Wish I still lived in the area.

    ReplyDelete