Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Currently...

It's either the snow (please know that I am in no way shape or form complaining about the snow...especially after the 100 inches we got last year!) or the cold winds, but I am currently hitting a major writer's block.  I have a few things on the burner cooking that I am psyched to share with you but I want to see how they pan out first before I post.  Where does that leave me?  Well with a few ideas and not a lot of writing going on!  I decided to hop on the Keeping Mommy Sane train and do a post about what's currently happening in Fancy Nancy land!

Currently Watching...
So my DVR gets pretty full during the week since most of the shows that I watch come on after oh let's say 8pm and it's 50/50 that I fall asleep watching them!  That means I get to binge watch reality TV like Fit to Fat to Fit, Biggest Loser, and Real Housewives, but what I am totally loving lately is Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce.  Don't tell Sarah Jessica Parker but I may have found something to cure my Sex and the City itch!

Currently Loving...
Pinterest.  I go through phases with Pinterest usage.  If it is close to the girls' birthdays or a holiday my usage goes up.  Case in point this week as chickie and I scope out for the perfect Valentine for her classmates.  Boom enter Pinterest!  I suddenly look far more crafty and like I actually have my shit together!!  Just hit print and stick a ring pop on and I'm Martha Stewart!!

Current Needs...
A hair cut something fierce but not complaining because I have a plan and an appointment has been made!

Currently Excited For...
School vacation!  We don't have anything crazy planned but I love time to just have fun with the girls!  We are planning a trip to Boston and maybe a day trip here and there!

Currently Reading...
Highlights magazine!  Did you have these growing up?  I remember I used to line up all my stuffed animals and I would read to them from my Highlights!  Now my girls get the magazine and I love reading it with them and having my oldest read it to me!!  As far as adult books go I am reading Carry on Warrior by Glennon Doyle Melton aka Momastery.  I saw her last summer and LOVE her!!!

Currently Annoyed By...
Clutter!  It happens every winter (thank you to my husband for reminding me of this) but our house suddenly becomes very small and cluttered.
As my husband explained it probably has more to do with the fact that we are inside the house far more and not in fact that my children are walking around the house just throwing things into the air and leaving them where they fall (although I'm not ruling that out either).  This leaves me ready and willing to throw out whatever is in front of me!  I went through my shoes the other day and put 6 pairs...yes 6 pairs in a bag to give away (see it's not just my children) and I'm a little embarrassed to say there are still 6 pairs in my closet!!


Currently Thankful For...
My family.  Yes I did just say that the clutter is driving me bonkers and that I feel like my kids are doing it just to see me lose my mind, but in all the craziness and busyness I am so thankful to have two healthy girls and a supportive husband.  We went last week to scope out a preschool for our tiny tornado and after walking out my husband and I looked at each other in disbelief that we were at a place where she was old enough to go to school!  That quote about the days being long but the years short is just so true and I feel now more than ever that I need to make sure I am giving thanks for the right nows instead of looking ahead!

Current Drink...
Coffee....big giant mugs of it!!!  However the other day while there was a blizzard raging outside I cracked open my giant Skinny Girl Margarita and enjoyed it!!  If it isn't summer it can at least taste like it!

Currently Training For...
So Hyannis Half Marathon is at the end of February.  I haven't written a lot about my training this time around mostly because it is one of those races that could go either way.  Winter on the Cape is moody at best so I am nervous about the weather, but training has been going pretty well!  I'm excited be at the race but the weather not so much!  After Hyannis I'm taking some time until my next race...my favorite hometown race Newport 10 Miler in June!

What's currently going on with you?

3 comments:

  1. Currently I am so in need of a hair cut! I do finally have 2 appts made for things I have been delaying, now I just need the hair and teeth appts! I always put that off. CLutter kills me too.. it feels so good to throw things away. just as long as it isn't my things lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in need of a haircut too! And just made an appointment for next week! February is my month to catch up on looking after me!

    ReplyDelete