Monday, May 2, 2016

Monday Motivation

This weekend I had a run-in with my past...a person who was once a principal of mine who turned out to be a very toxic and abusive person in my life at a time when I was very vulnerable.  For an adjunct job that I have I now have to collaborate with this person who I more than thankfully had put in my rear view 6 years ago.  One email....one email that was condescending...one line or two was all it took to bring me back to that place...to feel small...to feel incompetent...to make my blood boil.  I spent half the day feeling inferior all over again and ready to run in the other direction...and the other half of the day upset with myself for allowing someone to do that to me again.  I allowed this person to make me feel small....to take me back to that toxic place...and believe me it will not happen again!!  Don't let ANYONE make you feel less...you have fought to get to where you are and you should be proud!!!

8 comments:

  1. <3 <3 <3
    Here I would need to repeat in my head over and over:
    IT IS NOT ABOUT ME. IT IS NOT ABOUT ME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all have these people in our lives - good for you for recognizing the situation for what it is, although I'm sure it's STILL very hard. Just keep repeating Carla's mantra and you will be fine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are the kind of people I just want to flick in the forehead!! Stay strong girlie! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! Toxic people are only toxic when we give them that power, don't let them get you down, you are strong and amazing!

    ReplyDelete