Monday, October 24, 2016

Monday Motivation

This could not be truer when it comes to finding running buddies!!  For the past few months I have been running with two friends Lisa and Laney...these ladies are my kind of crazy!  They think nothing of waking up at an ungodly hour to meet up for a long run...even if that means we are running most of our run in the dark!  Case in point was this past weekend...it was DARK at 5:30am...the kind of dark where there is no stars, no moon, no street lights.  Added to the mix was a thick fog rendering our headlamps pretty much unusable.  Needless to say our first 5 was noticeably quiet as we dealt with our own fears of the dark!  I was ready to throw in the towel after those 5 but I was so thankful they were there and finish another 5 to end the day.  The power of someone beside you to carry you through is so motivating!

A special shoutout to Jill who OWNED her ultra this past weekend even in the rain and winds....she's my kind of crazy!!!

2 comments:

  1. YESSS
    My vibe has FINALLY attracted my tribe.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this! That is so true-- gotta find your kind of crazy :) I weirdly love running early morning in the dark... guess we are eachothers kind of crazy too LOL

    ReplyDelete