Well well! Happy National Running Day all!! You have to know that this mother runner is spending the day running...and talking about running!! I'm linking up today with fellow mother runner Kristen over at Jonesin' for a run with this fabulous survey!
1. Why do you run? I have been running almost 20 years now...wow that makes me feel old! The reasons I have laced up my Sauconys has changed over the years from trying to continue to feed my competitive spirit to trying to escape the dark hole of post-pardum depression. Running is part of who I am and I can't imagine a time not running! Here are some reasons from the last few years that I still agree to today!
2. How do you plan to celebrate National Running Day? Ummm by RUNNING!! I started this morning with an easy run. I'm planning on hitting up a nice lunch run on my usual route and then capping off the day with my mini running buddy!!
3. How many miles have you run so far this year? I had a short month in February with the flu that ransacked our house but I am proud to say that I've run 581.5 miles so far this year!
4. What big events do you have on the race calendar so far this
year? My biggest event for this year for me is going to be ZOOMA Women's Half Marathon in September (Don't forget to join me and use the code NANCY15 for your discount!). That is my race of the year really for me! I am also really looking forward to the Newport 10 Miler this weekend (one of my favs) and running my daughter's first 5k with her later this month.
5. Before I leave for a run you must have: my phone...I got into the habit of running with my phone when I was pregnant with my daughter and I honestly don't leave for a run without it. I don't always listen to music but I like having it for safety reasons...and for the occasional times I get lost!...in my own neighborhood!
6. Do you have one favorite app to track your runs? Lately I have loved using the RunGo app to track my runs. It has a feature that will tell you how far you have gone as well as your pace which keeps me from staring at my Garmin a million and one times! Also you can search other people's routes if you want to change things up!
7. Who is your favorite running partner? While I love sharing my runs pushing the double wide with these ladies in tow...
My favorite running partner has to be Jill!!! She has pulled me across more finish lines than I can count including my first post baby....I wouldn't be half the runner I am today if it wasn't for her!!
8. What races have you ran so far this year? This year has been the year that I have cut way back on my racing. I set my sights on a few races and have focused more on quality rather than quantity. That being said, the only race I have run so far this year was Ragnar Cape Cod in May.
9. If you had to give someone one piece of advice about running
what would it be? Only one piece? How about...If you don't feel like you're going to puke at the finish then you didn't run hard enough....Lol! That's Jill's! I would say believe in your own greatness. We all have the ability to do something great within us...put in the training and you can reach your dreams!
10. Describe your relationship with running in one word: Ok so I have never been able to do anything in one word!!! I would say I would describe my relationship as.....transformative. Throughout the years running and my relationship has transformed me and my life.
How will you celebrate National Running Day 2015?