Monday, July 11, 2016

Monday Motivation

This past week has certainly been one that has weighed heavily on my mind....well I guess has been more than just this past week but the thoughts are certainly mounting.  I look at my children...my students...and wonder what they think about the world we are giving them.  One of my favorite things to do when things start to weigh heavy on my mind is run...however for the past 3 weeks I have been sidelined because of my broken toe...which really has allowed the thoughts to pile up!  My routine is to give whatever it is that is weighing on me 1 mile to think about...pray about...worry about...and then when my Garmin beeps another mile in...I let it go and give it up.  Granted it doesn't always work perfectly and there are days when I am mulling over the same things, but it gives me a finite time to think and then I have to let it go.  What are you mulling over these days?  What is weighing you down?  How do you let it go?

2 comments:

  1. you phrasing WEIGHING YOU DOWN is precisely what Ive been thinking about since july 4th...when I just decided OK IM IN AND I AM READY. I am LETTING GO AND DECLARING FREEDOM from what weighs me done. RIGHT NOW and today.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you can't run it out because sometimes that is the ONLY thing that helps me clear my head and heart. Luckily I can also bike and swim it out :-) xo

    ReplyDelete