Friday, March 24, 2017

Flashback Friday

I was looking over old posts in preparation to talk about a new post I have been thinking of, and I came upon a post I wrote about an event that I went to with Jill with Saucony before the Boston Marathon.  It was certainly an event I will never forget but as I looked at the pictures I found one of Dani, Samantha, Amy Veronica, and I.  Why is this picture significant?  Well it was awesome to see where life has taken us after...they are some of my great friends and women I know have my back...as well as women I know will encourage me through anything!  Blogging is a funny thing sometimes...you are really talking to a computer most times...but if you get really lucky you make amazing friends along the way!!!  Here's the post from the Saucony event!

#FindYourStrong Saucony Event (LOTS of pictures!)

The amazing FFA Dorothy Beal gave us all the heads up about an amazing event in Boston on Friday.  It is hard to put into words what this event meant to me and I probably will spend the rest of the week trying to do just that.  It came at a perfect time for me in my life!  A HUGE thanks to Dorothy for the information and Saucony for hosting such an awesome event!!
I brought along my BRF Jill since I knew she would love it as much as me!  We took the T from Malden and got to Cyclorama WAY early so we headed to a cute restaurant next door called Sibling Rivalry for drinks (Jill not me) and a bite to eat.

Inside the event Saucony had lined the walls with people's "strong".  Seriously...I was chocked up just roaming the pictures and tweets.  As the years go by I realize just how much running is a part of me.  This was just the beginning of an inspiring night!






The speakers were no less than inspiring as well!!  First up was:
Luis Escobar
He was there to talk about memories of Micah True and to share his message of Running Free.  It was a moving time since Micah was such a huge part of the Saucony and running family.  
Mark Herzlich
Former BC football player who was diagnosed with bone cancer in his Junior year at BC.  He talked about "never accepting defeat" and how he ran out on the field at BC his senior year after beating cancer in his leg.  He went on to play for a certain NFL team that we New Englanders don't think too highly of (NY Giants).  The message that stuck with me from him was doing all it takes to get back to who you know you are.  He is a football player and he wasn't going to let cancer take that away from him.
Karen Smyers
A world champion triathlete from Lincoln, Massachusetts who persevered through numerous injuries and thyroid cancer.  Her message of persevering and positive thinking was an inspiration to dig down during those tough miles...tough days and be the champion you know you are.
"Boston" Bill Rodgers
I learned so much about this local running legend.  Like how many times he DID NOT finish Boston.  It made my DNF from this Winter not seem so bad.  His quirky stories had you laughing and connecting with him!  His big message...You can ALWAYS have a comeback!  I'm banking on that one Bill...after baby comeback!

After we mingled and were able to connect with some of my AMAZING fellow FFAs and friends!  It was so great to talk with these ladies in person!!  More to come on this awesome event!  They should have these at least once a month!!
DaniSamantha, me, Amy, and Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment