Monday, May 22, 2017

Monday Motivation

Baby boy is scheduled to be here next week...no baby yet but I can certainly feel my body slowing down as the day gets closer!  Yesterday a very timely Timehop picture came up from last year...before baby...before my midsection resembled more a globe than anything else.  It got me motivated...planning...thinking about what I want this "bounce back" to be about.  Yes I want to get back to running....the kind of running where I feel like I could do it forever.  Yes I want to fit back into my jeans again.  Yes I want to see those muscles again.  However it struck me yesterday that this is my last "bounce back".  This is the last time I will grow a tiny human inside me and watch my waistline grow to make room.  This is the last time doctors will perform surgery to take that tiny human out and snuggle him next to my face.  This time is different...it will usher in a different phase of my life and my fitness.  So with that in mind I want to focus on the journey...to not only a smaller me but the healthiest me I can be for myself and my family.  Yes there will be finish lines...and scale and non-scale victories...but there will be balance.  More savoring...more soaking it in...more health...more believing in myself!  Believe in yourself this week...that you are capable of finding that balance...that health!!

2 comments:

  1. love this post! and this is one of my favorite quotes! thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I can't wait to meet your little man. Enjoy every moment! xoxox

    ReplyDelete