Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Runner Survey

I saw this on Run with Jess and had to join in! I added one question at the end. Join along and add a question if you have one!

What is your favorite type of cross training?

Spinning!! I love everything about it... loud hard rocking music, lots of sweat, killer workout....love it! When I was pregnant with Em I went spinning every day almost up to when she was born! I didn't feel comfortable after a few months to run and spinning gave me that high! Plus the spin room was next to the bathroom!


What is your favorite song to run to?
I am so random when it comes to running music. Lately Ke$ha, Pit Bull, JLo, and Britney have put a little pep in my step. Really anything with a great beat!


What brand of shoes do you wear?
I have run in Saucony Ride for the past 7 years....I tried straying a few months ago but I went running back to the store!

Do you wear a hat when you run?
I love wearing Bondibands and head bands but I love me a good running hat! I have a lot of hair and I sweat a lot so a hat is needed a lot especially when I am running at the gym! I have them in all colors of the rainbow and throw them in the washing machine every time!

What temperature is your favorite for running?
50-60 degrees is perfect. I love it in early Fall or early Summer when it is warm but not too hot. I love the crisp Fall morning too! Really as long as it isn't 10 degrees or 90 degrees I'm good!

Do you have any big races coming up?
I haven't scheduled a lot of big races just short fun ones for the summer so far. I have a few 5ks in June with friends and a 5k with my hubby on July 7th. I am not a big fan of racing in the heat but there are a lot of short races locally that I'd like to check out. Then late summer early fall I'd like to ramp back up with a few half marys that I have my eye on! We shall see!!!


What is your favorite distance?
13.1... I have really have fallen in love with this distance and am approaching 10 halfs! It is still a challenge but you don't have to sacrifice your life to train for it!

Are you a morning, noon or evening runner?
Morning. I can get it out of the way before life gets started. I also love a late night run in the summer...when the heat of the day is behind me and the cool sea breeze is all around.

Do you run solo or with a buddy?
Usually solo since I run early and also moved away from my lovely running buddy! I love running with her and sharing laughs....really makes the miles go by quickly!! Oh and I can't forget my Em...she's my running buddy too!

What's your favorite post run snack?
bananas and peanut butter....I'm so bad though about post run eating usually because I just get caught up in life when I walk back in the door.



What's your FAVORITE race?
This is a toughy
since I don't run too many more than once....I love races with a theme so I can dress up! There are a few that I have really liked in the past...Wicked Half in Salem, MA...Louisse Rossetti in Beverly, MA...Tufts 10k....and any holiday run! Can't wait to dress up for the 4th of July one coming up!

Do you wear a Garmin? If not, how do you track your runs?
I got the 110 for Mother's Day last year and I can't imagine my life without it now!!! I truly believe it has made me faster!!! I LOVE MY GARMIN.....thanks hubs!

What is your least favorite race?
Jill this one is for you.....the 25K in Gloucester, MA....17 hills....yes that's right 17 hills....I kept saying to Jill, "Why the heck did you make me do this?"




What race is your favorite medal from?
Boston marathon....not too flashy but it's more about what it stands for....triumph over obstacles!


Who is your running idol?
Kara....and all of you! Seriously I know it sounds cheesy but I have been so inspired and motivated by all of you....and Kara just rocks plain and simple.

How long have you been a runner?
I started running in high school to get ready for soccer season. I laugh when I remember saying how I could never run cross country because there was no purpose! After college I needed something to stay in shape and since sports were done I needed a competitive outlet! I ran my first 5k in 2000 and have never looked back!

Do you run with your engagement/wedding ring on?
No....I don't want anything to happen to it. Sometimes I wear my wedding band but usually nothing.

What's your favorite workout? repeats? long runs? tempo? fartleks?
I really like long runs....especially with someone! The feeling when it is all over is so satisfying....I'm also starting to become a big fan of repeats....call me crazy but I may just like speed work!

What's your favorite place to run?
I love love love running by the beach. In Newport it's the Cliff Walk....challenging terrain of hills and such but the views are amazing! It wraps along the ocean so you have ocean cliffs on one side and historic mansions on the other. Plus the smells....yummmm salty sea air, sunscreen faces, lilacs dripping, beach roses....Love it!

7 comments:

  1. Sorry about the font color on this....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to feel the exact same way about running - I probably even said at one point in middle school that it wasn't a real sport (because I thought only field sports were real and running was just training). My how things have changed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I can't believe you've worn the same brand for 7 years though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally with you on the half marathon. It's an awesome distance. And that race with the 17 hills! You must be out of your mind. LOL! (I hate hills.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post. I am going to have to copy you. Loved learning all this about you. Where do you get your running hats? I need one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. No I'm totally digging the font color so don't apologize? I loved reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love learning more about you Nancy!! These surveys are fun!! We are similar and hugely different as runners! I too would covet the Boston Medal!

    ReplyDelete