Things are crazy around here in Fancy Nancy land as I'm sure it is around your parts too! There is something about the week between Em's birthday and Christmas that throws things off.....no grocery shopping done yet, ,shopping each night...you know the drill! Needless to say my "What I Ate Wednesday" is pretty sad especially since my breakfast consisted of a scoop of peanut butter and coffee. Enter the lovely and talented Miss Zippy! She posed these questions on her blog for all of us to answer....here are mine! I will say that I'm the Queen of indecision so I may have more than one answer! Play along if you would like! I'd love to hear how your 2011 was!
- Best race experience? This is hard since I had a lot of fun this year getting friends out there running races, including my nieces and sister. Plus I was able to run over a bridge wearing bunny ears! The award, however, goes to the New Bedford Half Marathon in March. This is my best not only because I got a PR but more because of the way that I felt during the race. It was one of those races where everything clicked and I felt STRONG! Wish I could have bottled it up to use for every race!
- Best run? Just recently a few weeks ago....I left the house with the weight of the world on my shoulders and as each mile ticked by a little piece of the weight fell off. By the time I got home, my legs were tired but I was floating!
- Best new piece of gear? Tough one....I didn't get too much this year other than my usually 3 pairs of Sacouny Rides...I did buy a new Sacouny reflective jacket a few weeks ago and it has become a staple for me!
- Best piece of running advice you received? The power of negative splits...I'm still working on this one!
- Most inspirational runner? Oh man this is so tough! There are so many of you bloggers out there that are truly amazing!! I would say a runner I know in real life that has inspired me this year is my BRF Jill. She ran her 8th marathon in NYC in the Fall and she continues to rock it!
- If you could sum up your year in a couple of words, what would they be? Never underestimate yourself! or maybe You are stronger than you think or ANYTHING is possible