Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Wish List Wednesday

It's that time of year again!!!!  The big man is making his list and checking it twice...have you been
Naughty or Nice??
Do you have a runner in your life?  Someone who loves to workout?  Someone who has been wanting to get into running/fitness??  Stumped on what to get them??  Well here's my list of ideas!!

Race entries....As a running mom, I always feel a little guilty each time I hit the submit button for races knowing they are on the expensive side.  Last year I received race entries and was able to register for 8 races without dipping into my own checking account!!!  SCORE!!

Shoes....I feel like the Carrie Bradshaw of running shoes!!  I LOVE them...a new pair gets me all giddy!  There is nothing like a new pair of Saucony to get me all excited!!!  Make them pink and pretty and I'm sold!!


Clothes...The temperature is dipping below freezing and the tights are coming out....I mean really runners are like the mailman...nothing stops them!  Why not pick up a pair of great tights like these from Under Armour
or my go to cold weather hat from Bondi Band

Music....I am guilty of always needed tunes to kick me through a run.  Do you know someone like that?  How about a new pair of these awesome Yurbuds
or an iTunes gift card!

Heart Rate Monitor...I love my Polar Heart Rate Monitor for keeping me honest throughout my workout.  It lets me know if I'm "phoning it in" as Jillian would say and let's me know how many calories I am torching! 
Plan of Attack...I'm always on the hunt for a great training plan.  An added bonus is when that training plan comes in an awesome book that feels like it was written for me!!  Every running mom has to have their own copy of Train Like a Mother....oh and throw in one of their awesome shirts!

Now I'm certain I left some things out....
What are you hoping has your name on it this year???

15 comments:

  1. Asking for race entries is such a great idea. That's what I told my parents I wanted this year for my birthday and for Christmas. I really like that Bondiband hat. I'm going to have to add that to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Race entries sounds like a great idea! I have so much running stuff that I can't fit anything else in my drawer or my closet! I would like a Polar watch like the one pictured above though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've asked santa for a spin bike so my bike-bike can be released from the turbo trainer .... I'm positively hopeful ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cold weather tights! I still need to get something to keep my head/ears warm though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have a lot of overlap on our lists!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A foam roller!

    Race entries is a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need a new ipod! Mine died Monday :( it might have to do with getting wet :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are great gifts! I would love race entries. This year I got a trainer for my bike :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love my yur buds...and am GIFTING them to a bunch of people in my life this year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea to ask for race entries!! I need to come up with my list this week... can't believe how close we are to Christmas already.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will take anything on your list, except the Yurbuds, because I already have them! I will be forwarding this post to all my family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. awesome list! OMG, love the Carrie Bradshaw of running shoes...I could possibly have her obsession but with workout clothes in general! Ha, must be the P.E teacher in me!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love my yurbuds! I unfortunately had one of the buds fall off this past weekend for my race, so I need a replacement bud. (this is the 3rd time I've had this happen, so I advise getting one with BRIGHT buds for easy identification)

    ReplyDelete