1. You can meet people for the first time and leave them feeling like you've just made 4 new friends!
2. Hydrate, hydrate, and hydrate!!! I lost sight of this at times and admittedly battled stomach pains which I attribute to hydration. Even though it isn't super hot, you need to hydrate...early and often!!
3. You CAN overcome your fears!! At Ragnar I stared several fears in the face and laughed as I watched them back down! Fear #1...running in the dark, alone, on a secluded path....did I mention I was alone?
4. Finish lines are to ALWAYS be celebrated! I've never been so happy to see that huge, orange arch in my life!!
|I know there was a team picture taken at the finish but does anyone know where it is?|
5. For each celebration, there an even greater sacrifice on the other end. While I was making a 192 mile trek to P-town, my husband was holding down the fort and these little ladies were missing their mom.
5+. HAVE A BLAST (and work on your jumping face!) It is a race...yes. Each leg you want to run your best...yes. You want to pass as many runners as you can...yes. However at the end of the day...enjoy the belly laughs, inside jokes, and crazy things everyone says after not sleeping for many many hours! Have FUN!!