Friday, July 25, 2014

Fitness Friday...Find Your Vice

I am almost 3 weeks down in the 12 Weeks to a Fit Physique program with Jolynn Toma and I am LOVING the workouts!  As a matter of fact, I am barely able to lift my arms to type this after a killer shoulder and tri workout and it is the best feeling!!  This week however I am realizing that I am not doing this program justice because I am struggling...struggling with the nutrition and I need to come clean to all of you so that I can move on and buckle down.
We all have our vices.  Some people eat when they are stressed.  Some people short change themselves on workouts by not working as hard as they can.  Some people don't know what foods to eat so they just keep going with what they've always done.  I know what to eat...I know the macros...I've planned it all out...I just need to do it!!  The challenge (and I knew it would be) is that now I'm home and around all the food.  I'm doling out snacks to the ladies and want to nibble.  It's frankly embarrassing that I am having such a hard time getting a handle on this.  I am rocking my workouts!  I am taking my SD Pharmaceuticals supplements Raspberry Keytone and Green Coffee Bean like a champ!  I start my day off really well....and then carbs come in where they are not welcome! 

I know in order for this program to work the way it is meant to and for me to see and feel the results I have to stick to my macros...focus on protein and clean eats.  Here's my question to all of you....and please know this is hard for me to ask...Can you help?  Any suggestions for sticking to a plan?  Any words of wisdom?  Any cheers from the sidelines you can offer?  Get out your poms poms and help me out!

7 comments:

  1. It can be hard to stick to a goal! It might help to write down the healthy foods that you plan to eat. That might be hard to do daily, but maybe it would help to do that every once in a while. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can easily get caught in the same trap. Once school starts and i'm in my classroom all day and stressed I eat whatever I see. I have to tell myself to take control. You can do it, girl! Plan a day to cheat but stick to it the rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it best if I use My Fitness Pal and track. I have my allotted calories, and I go 30% carbs, 30% fat, and 40% protein. It has made a huge difference in how I feel - plus with 40% protein I'm hardly ever hungry!

    You've got this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got this Nancy! For more reasons than I'm ready to go into now I've had to re-do my approach to eating and nutrition. What has helped so far, I have a macronutrients formula that I plan every meal around. It's becoming second nature.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same issue and tried a home delivery food service who portion out meals for fit and active individuals. This is what I needed in my life and so far so good! I'm greedy so I wish the portion sizes were a little bigger but I guess that is part of my problem eh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I try to keep in the mind that no one is perfect. It's good to indulge sometimes. If it gets to be too many indulgences, I don't buy the food that's triggering me to eat more. Can't eat it if it's not there!

    ReplyDelete