Monday, March 30, 2015

Monday Motivation

This year I am pushing for a goal that I have had for many years...breaking 1:50 in the half marathon.  I want this goal bad...so bad I can picture it in my mind...what I would do at the finish to see even 1:49:59!  This weekend was one of those days when I got a gut check...a challenge asking not how bad I wanted it but rather how hard I was willing to work for it!  I headed out for a long run...and the skies opened on me.  I could have taken the shortcut...I could have called it quits and gone home...I even got a very tempting from the hubs to come and pick me up...but I knew I had to work.  I was soaked and FREEZING (seriously is Spring ever going to get here?) but I worked hard and finished my run.
What is your goal you want so badly?  
Start today...how hard are you willing to work for it?

3 comments:

  1. YES!!!!!
    Im there with my writing.
    sure I want it.
    but am I WILLING TO DO WHAT IT TAKES TO GET THERE?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job finishing a freezing cold run, I would have been tempted to call for a ride too. I haven't set any big running goals lately but seeing as I just set a 5k PR maybe I should!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a workout beast! I know you are going to get that PR!

    ReplyDelete