Thursday, March 19, 2015

TTT

Things have been crazy busy around here so I am certainly not at a loss for my three randoms of the week! 

Spring you can come out now....According to the calendar, tomorrow is the first day of Spring.  According to my daughter, the snow will all be gone tomorrow because there is no snow in Spring (I hate to tell her that we actually have up to 5" forecast for tomorrow).  According to all the retail stores, it's Spring and in Spring you wear things like this....

However here in Massachusetts this Spring we will be looking like this...
The winds are whipping around here on Cape Cod which adds an extra special bite to the air...can you tell I'm over Winter?! 

In it to Own it...This week is my first week using the Own It plan from Train Like a Mother.
It hasn't been anything too extreme thus far and so I was having no care in the world when I sat down to map out the next month or so of workouts....and then I threw up in my mouth!  It was a mixture of, I'm so excited to see what I'm capable of, and, Oh crap what if I die doing this!  I need the push and I'm excited...even if I throw up a few times!!

Testing Time...As most of you probably know, I am a teacher and we are currently in the throws of state testing.  If you're wondering how most teachers feel about standardized testing, this pretty much sums it up...
We need students to do well so that they can show what they've learned and well....so we don't get fired, but there is so much more we could be doing than testing!!!  6 2hr sessions now and then 5 later in the year....YIKES! 
 
Bonus...Do yourself a favor and try out this recipe for no bean turkey and sweet potato chili from Skinnytaste!  I will put her photo since it is way prettier than mine!
I made a pot and portioned it out for my lunches....so yummy!!!

Have you ever tried one of the Another Mother Runner training plans?
What's Spring like where you are?  Please tell me all the details so I can dream!!!

1 comment:

  1. It has been so nice here! Yesterday it was 63 degrees when I got home from work and I went for a run in shorts and a tank. Pretty sweet! That chili looks yum, although I confess if I try it I would use beef instead of turkey :) My husband is so grossed out by ground turkey it's laughable. I don't really care, but if given a choice its beef everytime.

    ReplyDelete