Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Global Running Day...A Look into My Miles!

Today is of course Global Running Day....aka get out and run day!  I'm joining in with my fellow Fit Mom Strong Mom Ambassadors and doing a fun interview to let you have a look into my miles!

Why do you run?
Oh my word....let me count the reasons!!!  Here's a graphic I did a few years ago that sums it up!  Basically running to me is a way to de-stress...to reconnect with me...to connect with friends...to have fun with my girls...to pray...to push myself to limits I thought were long gone once I became a mom.

How do you plan to celebrate National Running Day?
I have no firm plans since it's the day after my race, but I know I want it to include my chickies!

How many miles have you run so far this year? Do you have a mileage goal for the year?
After continually pushing for more and more miles this year, I have decided that I would like to reach 1000...anything above that is gravy!  So far this year I am sitting pretty at 585.1!

What big events do you have on the race calendar so far this year?
This is a light racing year for me.  This weekend I'm psyched to be running the Newport 10 Miler for the 4th year in a row!!!  My back has been super cranky lately so I'm not sure what my goals for this race are going to be.  Also this month, my oldest and I are running a local 5k together.  We ran it last year and I'm excited to do it again!  I also have gotten my cross country girls to join us too!

Before I leave for a run I must have...
My phone....I started running with my phone when I was pregnant so that I would be able to call anyone if there was an issue.  Now it's my must-have....music, miles tracker, and emergency line all in one!

Do you track your runs?  If so what do you use?
Yes....I'm way too Type-A to just wing it!!!  I use my Garmin (when I remember to charge it) and the RunGo app to track my miles.

Who is your favorite running partner?
If you've been around this blog for any time you will know the answer to this one....Jill my BRF!  We have been running together now for 7 years since I had my oldest daughter!  Can't wait to run Newport with her this weekend!!!
Our first race together when Jill coined the phrase..."If you don't feel like you're going to puke you aren't going fast enough!"
What races have you run so far this year?
My only race I've run this year was Hyannis Half Marathon in February!  I ran with Dani and company...selfied the whole race and had a blast!!!  I'm thinking that is a theme developing this year...having fun!

If you have to give someone one piece of advice about running, what would it be?
Only one piece?  I would say take it one step at a time....Ok and don't compare your journey to another person's journey...we are all on our own path!  Oh and get yourself to a running store and get a pair of shoes that work for you!  Sorry that was more than one!!

Describe your relationship with running in one word.
Oh jeez....I'm awful at one word!!  Transformative...

Play along!!!

3 comments:

  1. Happy NRD Nancy! It's great that you'll be running Newport again - love that race! Have fun and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Memorable- I had some amazing years with running, met incredibly great people (YOU), and had unforgettable adventures. I miss it, but I'm glad I had what I had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love the 10 mile distance! I wish there were more races that were 10 milers. Anyways, loved getting to know you better through this interview!

    ReplyDelete