Sunday, October 28, 2012

What's For Dinner Week 5...Protein Power!

If I'm going to be completely honest I planned a great week last week that....well...went better planned than in reality!  The days had a crazy way of getting away from me and before I knew it I had only sucked down 2 cups of coffee and it was 2pm...yeah not what I was going for!  This week I need to be more mindful of taking the time to refuel even if I may not be extremely hungry.  My body needs it!  I also want to focus on having a source of protein at every meal...breaking my day into 5 small meals and having some protein at each meal should get me headed in the direction I want to go! 

Here is a snapshot of what these meals will look like....provided Sandy the Frankeinstorm doesn't take us off the map!
Meal 1:  green monster smoothie
Meal 2: cottage cheese and almonds
Meal 3: salad with tuna/chicken
Meal 4: apples with peanut butter
Meal 5: grilled chicken and broccoli

Even typing it sounds boring but right now I need to just be focusing on getting the fuel in...I'll spice it up when I have had a full night's sleep!! 

What's for dinner at your house??  Any quick ways to get protein into your meals?  Are you prepping for Sandy??

6 comments:

  1. NOt prepping for Sandy.. little far away for me, but I hope you weather the storm safely and aren't affected much by it. Protein.. quick ways include greek yogurt, nuts, jerky, cottage cheese.

    great meal plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I drank a lot of Carnation Instant Breakfast while pregnant because I worked in a busy restaurant at night and went to school during the day. Since then, it's been my go-to meal/drink when crunched for time, especially since I'm still a server. I mix it with almond milk. It's pretty calorie-dense, but it sustains me so I don't reach for junk at the end of the shift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to force myself to include protein too, I too easily reach for fruit or carby snacks and then am hungry again soon afterward. Hope you have a less crazy week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not prepping for Sandy but the weather folks here say we might actually see some effects - they mentioned the possibility of SNOW and lots of winds.

    I don't get enough protein either. I try, but it just doesn't happen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. not sure what it says about ME but your food doesnt sound boring at all :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your food. I am like you; I like to snack a lot, so I try to keep lots of healthy snacks at arms reach! It sounds like you are doing just fine! I hope Sandy doesn't make it over here!

    ReplyDelete