Wednesday, October 3, 2012

WIAW....Green Monster Obsession!

I promise I was not driving at this time...and excuse my sausage thumb!!
This school year I have certainly been obsessed with my Green Monster smoothie every morning!  Each morning I whip one of these babies up and know that I am getting not only a healthy dose of protein and calcium, but I'm also starting my day off with some fruits and veggies too....not to mention the fact that it takes about 2.2 seconds to whip up!
Today's Green Monster contain:
  • 1 banana
  • 2 handfuls of spinach
  • pumpkin puree
  • 1 scoop of peanut butter
  • 2 scoops of protein powder (cookies and cream flavor)
  • 12 oz coconut milk
I know they look scary but I would encourage you to try one out....I promise you can't taste the spinach and they are so super yummy!!! I'm linking up with

How do you start your morning off right??
I'm headed to my last doctor appointment today and couldn't be more excited....Miss Thang has been causing lots of swelling yesterday and today...not to mention tingly fingers and legs.  So fun! 

13 comments:

  1. Good luck at your appointment!

    I was drinking green monsters for awhile, but got away from them for some reason. Maybe it was needing to clean the blender.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a fan of cleaning the blender either!!

      Delete
  2. i am a green smoothie girl in the morning also! looks great, love the pumpkin addition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had a green monster yet, but I have promised so many other bloggers to try one. Do you have any recipes without nut butters? I feel one coming on this weekend...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I started off just using almond milk (enough that my protein powder called for)protein powder, a banana (frozen makes it thicker) and spinach. I got the base down pat before I started adding other ingredients to it.

      Delete
  4. Wow, you are so close to the finish! So exciting! I start my morning off with a protein shake with a "greens" mix in it. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love adding peanut butter to smoothies and spinach. Sounds like a yummy smoothie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! That pumpkin pb combo sounds so good. I hope I keep making smoothies as the weather gets cooler, they are so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've gotten away from green smoothies and keep saying I'm going to get back to them....thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I usually have a cafe latte and eat a nutella sandwich :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really need to get back on the smoothie train. My blender broke and my hand held mini one just couldn't cut through those leafy greens ;) I bought what I thought was going to be an awesome blender and it caught on fire yesterday!!!!! I just don't get along with electronics

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, I TOTALLY need to try that!! Pumpkin and PB together sounds awesome!! Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to try one of those. Currently, I eat peanut butter crackers and a 20 oz diet pepsi every morning before school for breakfast. What can I say? The "breakfast of champions"!!! :)

    Shannon
    http://www.irunreadteach.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete