Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Let's Talk Training

I haven't done one of these posts since I ran Ragnar!  Yes I've been training but haven't been posting.  I guess at times it seems pretty boring to me since it all sort of looks the same but this training cycle for ZOOMA Cape Cod has been different because I have been working to incorporate my miles in with the 12 Weeks to a Fit Physique that I am doing with Jolynn Toma.  I can honestly say it is kicking my hiney but it's awesome and I can feel myself getting stronger and stronger!  This past week however I was away from a gym and thus I stuck to just the running plan....I will post next week how I'm working in the strength training from Jolynn and my half marathon training plan.  I loved my week filled with running but was sad that no miles were clocked with my BRF Jill who is battling foot injuries!  She's a trooper but injuries stink!  Dare I say I missed the weights....who am I becoming???

Monday: 4 miles after class...Realized with a quickness that I am SOO spoiled by living on Cape Cod with our sea breezes.  I felt like my face was literally melting off!!
Tuesday: 5 miles...Woke up with the sun for a loop around the island of Nahant.  I was missing my BRF but loving the sunrise views!
Wednesday: 6 mile track workout...3X1600 @ 8:07 pace with 800 jogs and 1 mile WU and CD...Yeah the heat I was mentioning....SUCKS!  I quickly chugged down a bottle of water and a Quest bar before meeting a good friend, Lisa, for a boot camp class.  It was a hard class but you know me...I loved it!  Certainly earned my margarita after!
Thursday: 3.5 miles...Jill yes is battling her foot injury but convinced me she could do a quick run...Marathon Sports in Melrose was hosting a pub run.  It was fun and had a great time meeting many new runners!
Friday: 10.1 miles...I knew I wanted to get my long run in before I got home so that I could relax and spend time with my family who I had missed terribly!  I woke up bright and early and literally ran 10 circles around campus!  It was such a peaceful time on campus and I was able to spend the time laughing at memories and praying over the campus.  I'm not going to lie...it was a challenge in the later miles each time I passed my car!!!
Saturday & Sunday: 2 miles....Brought the girls out for a bike ride on a path near our house...while they rode I ran!  I was more than happy to rest up on Sunday!!!

How was your week?? 
Have you ever done a pub run?

4 comments:

  1. Great week Nancy! especially making it through 10 miles of loops! I have done a pub run once and I would do it again, fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great week! You are doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you got some serious mileage in this week! Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BlueHost is definitely one of the best hosting provider with plans for any hosting needs.

    ReplyDelete