Friday, October 31, 2014

Fitness Friday...Respect Sprinkled with Fear

When prepping to write this post I went through the internet looking for quotes about weight loss.  While I found a lot of quotes like this...

and this...
I found nothing that spoke to how I have been feeling lately....like I lost the fear.  Losing weight is hard...wicked hard.  It is all about making good decisions daily about what I am eating and how much I am moving my body.  I've done that.  I've made the good decisions and moved my body a lot and the results I got were exactly what I wanted.  I am back to the weight/size I was before my two lovely ladies were born...I'm actually lighter and smaller (at times) than I was before!
After 2 children
Before children
The problem I have been having lately is that I got cocky...proud...I thought I can do this and it won't be a big deal.  I can don't have to write down everything I eat.  I can just have this one indulgence and it won't be a big deal...I've conquered this whole weight thing and I don't have to be THAT good.  Well I was wrong.  In July of this year I was 2lbs away from where I wanted to ultimately be....2lbs!  I was focused and motivated to kick this and do awesome things!  Then it was one cheat....and another...and then yet another...and I'm looking at a staff photo that makes me shudder.  I was SOOO close and now I'm looking at climbing back on that horse all over again!
What I've learned about myself is that I can't lose the fear...the fear of sliding back this far again.  I have to continue to respect the process that got me 2lbs away from my goal.  I need to realize that I am not above writing things down and saying no to treats that others are having...in fact I need to do a lot more of that!!  It can happen to contestants on weight loss shows....they lose the respect for the process/fear of gaining it all back and they end up right back where they started.  It can happen to them and it can happen to me if I don't hit the breaks now and start respecting this body and fueling it the way that works!

Have you ever gained weight back after losing it?  What keeps your weight off?

4 comments:

  1. I hear you. Every time I do high mileage training, I gain 3-4 pounds (and no, it's not muscle..) I need to start training again soon, but I still haven't lost the weight from two rounds ago. I really need to get back on top of it like yesterday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know it's such a weird balance this whole weight thing...we want to simply enjoy life and not always be thinking about food, but yes also have enough awareness to not go crazy and slide back in to bad habit.s

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right there with you! We can totally get to where we want to be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The race training weight gain makes me crazy. It's a mental thing. Amanda said it well :)

    ReplyDelete