Monday, August 31, 2015

Monday Motivation

In honor of back-to-school time, I'm bringing back a quote I always went to with my high school students.  They often times would tell me how frustrating it was that people always assumed things about them and how being the minority population in the school was hard.  I always went back to this quote....encouraging them to show others how to be...to use their lives to change.  I have the unique opportunity throughout my career to work with children who have survived horrific situations around the world...who came to me with very little and loaded with fear.  Again this quote remained...encouraging them to take the steps to make the changes!  The same is for all of us.  It is easy to stand back and voice opinions about one thing or another....but the real challenge is to be that change...to do something to change what we see around us.
BE that change!!

No comments:

Post a Comment