Friday, January 11, 2013

Fitness Friday...Best Body Bootcamp Week 1

These next 8 weeks....
I joined Tina Reale's Best Body Bootcamp for the next 8 weeks and this past week was my first.  Like I explained yesterday, I am running myself a little ragged with 2-a-days but I figured it was the best way for me to get results quickly...plus I am able to fit in weights and cardio in one day without taking 2 hours at a clip away from my family.  I'm following the training plan from "Train Like a Mother" for my upcoming half marathon for my running but I was so excited to start in with Tina's Bootcamp this week!

To start the process and to give myself a way to measure my progress besides what it says on the scale, I took before pictures which I am not really comfortable showing just yet...I just keep telling myself they'll make amazing before pictures!!!  Tina also had us do a fit test with several different areas.  I was not surprised to find out that my core was my weakest part of my body...then again I have always bit the big one when it comes to planks!  I set two additional goals to track my food each day for the week and to drink at least 80oz of water. 

Week one is done (except my long run tomorrow which I'm hoping my BRF will want to join me in the wee hours of the morning so I can get it in before I teach my course all day...hint hint!) and here is my thoughts so far...
  • Boy do I need to work on my core!!!  I love that she incorporates core work in each workout! As much as I am so not friends with the plank I am looking forward to getting better.  Maybe one day I'll be able to do those crazy 4 minute planks like I see all over!
  • By the end of the workouts I am toast and I love it!!!  The days we do weights we are working it in intervals.  I have been trying to really push my pace on the cardio portions of these and I'm hoping it will pay off!
  • I need to bump up the weights.  I have my 10lb dumbbells but I definitely need to get at least 15lb ones.  Carrying around the baby and the carrier and 9000 bags is making my arms very strong (which is great knowing that once this body fat is gone I'm going to have jacked arms!!!
  • I'm loving the interval workouts!!  They kick my butt but they are awesome!!
  • I'm wondering if I can keep this intensity for the whole 8 weeks...2-a-days don't usually last 8 weeks so I am going to have to listen to my body on this one!  I'm icing a lot and making sure I am listening to my body
  • So far I am down 2lbs...so 6lbs since January 1st!!  Oh yeah I can see those gloves on my hands now!!

12 comments:

  1. Great job! Every 2 lbs counts! I had a few too many cookies at Christmas and gained a few lbs, so am working on getting rid of them too! Good luck with the boot camp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2-a-days is crazy! Major props to you. I need someone kicking my booty into gear. Good luck on your long run tomorrow. I'll be biking my long run - but it's better than nothing. Now, I just need to figure out how many miles on the bike would be equal to an 8 mile run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you are busy! Way to go. I have such a week core and need to change that, but I hate doing ab work...blah! I started planks last week...it's a start. Amazing how quickly it gets easier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go! I need to be better at tracking my food too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats that is great! Every single pound counts!! Whoot! Whoot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so inspiring- way to go! I'm doing her boot camp too, but not starting until after the marathon, probably a full week after. I didn't want to add it in during my final taper. But I'm excited to get started!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on 6 lbs down! I bet 2 a day is tiring but it sounds like you're smart about it. My cores not too bad...it's just the fst around it that's a problem. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job girl! You are rockin it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Inspiring post Nancy! I loved Tina's bootcamp :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. awesome job, can't wait to see your progress! Ha, my hubby and I took before pics that we've tucked away as well! Ha, hoping to look back and BE PROUD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like you're off to a great start this year!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Get instant access to 40+ of my clients' favorite top tier workout plans I personally developed to help save you time and keep your clients begging to come back for more.For More Information Visit Here -- Boot Camp Workout Plan

    ReplyDelete