Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Ready to Rock 2013!

So this week I've been in thought about not only the many blessings of 2012 but the things yet to come in 2013.  I have decided instead of overwhelming myself with a million resolutions...like I usually do...I would stick to three categories....Body, Mind, and Spirit. 
After our blessing of a baby there is a lot of work here but I'm keeping it plain and simple....for me!!
  • lose 40lbs
  • eat clean
  • run 13 races...one of which being a full marathon (closing in on what one I am going to do!)
  • run 1500 miles
  • T-O-N-E it up!!  No more chicken wings!!
After spending most of 2009 and 2010 in school getting my CAGS, I have been taking a much needed school vacation.  This year it is time to start learning again and working out my mind!
  • Read more books!
  • Take a class on 21 Century Schools/Turnaround School leadership
  • Finally find a church and small group Bible study
  • Start the day in prayer...even before a run!
  • Accept my cup...
What are you committing to this year? 


  1. Happy new year Nancy! I'm committing to my first 50 miler and using 13 or more trail races to train :)

    Great way to keep the goals doable!

    1. You rock Jill!!! Happy New Year to you too!!

  2. I love these goals - no doubt you'll do great!!

  3. You have set great goals for yourself and I love how you are considering "the whole person." Enjoy 2013! I look forward to reading more from you!

  4. Great goals! Happy 2013!

    I am looking for a half marathon PR this year.

  5. Wow, love your resolutions! You can do it! Good luck girl.

  6. Happy New Year Nancy!!! I love your goals and with your determination I know you will achieve them and much more. Hugs!

  7. Happy New Year! I like how you have your resolutions in 3 categories.

  8. Eating clean is the best goal you can ever set for yourself! It makes a HUGE difference not just in your appearance but your mood as well :) Good luck & Happy New year!!!

  9. Happy New Year! Great compilation of goals - all things to aim for! Wish you and your family a healthy 2013!

  10. Good luck this year Nancy! I will be here, watching you achieve your 2013 goals!

  11. Happy New Year! Those are wonderful things to focus on in 2013!