Friday, January 18, 2013

Fitness Friday....Best Body Bootcamp Week 2

Well week 2 is just about coming to a close and Ms. Tina Reale has yet to not hand me my @ss with these workouts!  This week was similar to last but just bumped up a notch with intensity.  I've made some changes with my half marathon training and eating so that I am not so exhausted ALL. THE. TIME!  I was starting to feel like I was not only mentally worn but with all this flu going around, I was making myself a prime target for the flu's next victim!  It's one thing to work hard...it's another to be stupid and be laid up in bed for a week!  Here are some reflections from this past week:
  • No idea if there has been any pounds lost because my scale is being cranky and not working.  Could be that it Em thinks it's a trampoline or that the batteries are on the way out...it's really a toss-up.  I will work on that one though!
  • I am feeling stronger and getting closer (very important descriptor there....closer) to feeling like my old self.  I'm aiming high though...not just to feel like my old self but an even BETTER version!
  • I am still on the hunt for higher weights...I went to Target and they stopped at 12lbs.  This weekend I'll probably head over to Sports Authority for some. 
  • Some of the days' workouts are just cardio and so I am counting that as a run for my training as well.  Last week I was running twice a day...and apparently begging for an injury!  This has helped a lot physically and mentally!
  • I've hit my goals too of tracking my meals and drinking at least 100oz of water a day...Like I said yesterday, I am testing the Paleo Kool-Aid and I'm really liking it thus far.  I will be honest here and say though that I had cake on my birthday (I know...calories don't count on your birthday).  I am planning after this weekend to really take a chunk of time to test it out.  I'll keep you posted!
On tap for today is our last weight workout tonight(woke up to a blanket of white but no school delay so I had to get out the door much earlier).  Tomorrow is my long run (10 miler) and the longest run I've had since I was about 25 weeks pregnant so I am taking it slow.
What's on your fitness tap for this weekend?

5 comments:

  1. Weirdly enough I've always found weights I'm looking for at Sears, and often on sale. Just a thought if you have one near you.

    I'm up for 8 miles for my long run this weekend. That's my shortest long run in what seems like months. Week 1 of Full Marathon training, I just keep chanting "trust the plan".

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like you are right on track. Enjoy your 10 miles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved BBB camp! This weekend I'm running 10 and 8 mile back to back runs.

    WTG with 100 ozs of water. I think I'm going to see if I can do the same :)

    ReplyDelete