Friday, December 6, 2013

Fitness Friday...Racing Away Treadmill Boredom!

Ok when did it become Friday?  This week has flown by and let's just say I wasn't at all ready for it...good thing I get to reset and organize for next week!!  Today I'm stopping in quickly to share with you one of the ways I have been racing away treadmill boredom!  If you're anything like me, you're not brave enough to face the pitch black of the winter morning alone.  That leaves me with one of two options during the week...running group (yes I do need to get back!) and the basement treadmill!  Now while I enjoy being able to get my laundry done while ticking away the miles, day after day of running in place can get a little hairy.  Aside from magazine, new play mixes, and begging my hubby to set up the TV, I try to mix things up on the mill.  Some days I increase the speed every minute to a certain speed and then back down again, others I just plod along at a constant speed.  Once a week I try to do a speed workout and this week I did it as my 5 miler with the Mommy Run Fast virtual race series!
http://www.mommyrunfast.com/december-fall-5-and-10-winners-link-up/
Here's how it went...
And after just over 40 minutes I was drenched and DONE!  I love running but boy isn't that feeling when a good speed workout is done amazing?!

How do you beat the treadmill blahs?  What's on tap this weekend?

10 comments:

  1. Love the speedy snowflake workout! Pinning for later. With the winter snow arriving today I'm sure I will need it! I've been watching Biggest Loser on my ipad when I have to run on the treadmill. Loving it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy speedy! Love this workout but not sure I can hit those paces. Great work. I have 14 miles on tap tomorrow. Skeerd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not start at these paces!! I've built up over the year! Start small and push!!! Good luck tomorrow!!!

      Delete
  3. I'm new to treadmill running and can't figure out speedwork on it. It feels awkward like I'm going to fall. Any tips on how to get over that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, awesome workout! I'm glad you could use the race to get your speed work in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I play with the speed on my treadmill all the time - I love running on it but it is hard for me to do a slow steady run on it.
    Your workout looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Speed work in the moment sucks but when you're done - MAN! You feel good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great workout! I try to avoid the treadmill, but when I absolutely have to use it I either listen to music or watch TV.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great workout! I try to avoid the treadmill, but when I absolutely have to use it I either listen to music or watch TV.

    ReplyDelete