Monday, December 16, 2013

Monday Motivation

This weekend I accepted a challenge with HBBC....a challenge to not succumb to the usual weekend falling off the wagon...a challenge I needed to accept...however I failed.  Two birthday parties had me reaching for chips and eating cake.  This morning I am waking up feeling bloated, defeated, and guilty.  However this quote is what I need right now....we are not defined by our falls but how well we rise after.  I'm taking it one day at a time starting today...water in hand and veggies in the fridge.
How do you rise after a fall?

9 comments:

  1. I spent lots of time this weekend explaining and REexplaining the concept of being RESILIENT to the child.
    IMO it is crucial for life success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All right I know I issued the challenge...BUT here's the thing sometimes I think these things work really well and others I think they actually trigger us to over do it. Maybe look at the weekend and see if without this "restriction" hanging over you would you have reacted the same way?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try not to think of things in terms of success or failure... just moving ahead on the healthy living journey, doing the best we can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I try and try again. one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One day at a time. *goes off to fill up water bottle that's been staring at me all morning*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am finding this time of year to be a difficult one to 'diet' in...
    :( u r SO NOT ALONE...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just keep getting back up. Every time. Sometimes it's tough.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think you said it perfectly - one day at a time! That's how I am approaching motherhood right now, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am gonna take one day at a time too. . . starting in 2014. LOL!

    ReplyDelete