Monday, December 23, 2013

Monday Motivation

The past few weeks, after some disagreements with coworkers, I have been wondering if we made the right leap of faith...leaving a job I cherished working with refugees.  Some of my current students were making decisions that were not helping their cause either!  However, a big part of faith is that you do NOT see, you just go.  Not that God needs to explain himself but He gave me some gifts this past week that confirmed my job!  It started with a former coworker emailing me and telling me of this fabulous high schooler she has that was chosen to represent her high school and the state.  Well while talking with her this fabulous student attributed her success with me...her third grade teacher...9 years ago!  This girl who was a refugee from the Sudan who spoke just about no English at all was excelling and remembering her first year in the US!  I cried...as an elementary teacher it is rare you see them past 4th grade...this was amazing for me!  I'm so proud of her!!!  Then on Friday my current high schoolers chose myself and my co-teacher as the Pay-it-Forward award winners.  Apparently constantly telling them that they can do more sank in!!  You never know who is watching or what lives you will touch along your journey.  Use your life wisely....and write it in a way that inspires!!

8 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! So wonderful to know when you have made a huge impact on someone's life like that. Great job to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's such a great story, but not surprising that it was you Fancy Nancy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so great! Thanks for sharing this story with us :)

    Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  4. use your life wisely - LOVE THAT! merry christmas! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So amazing Nancy! Happy that God confirmed you are in the right place:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome!!! We dont always see His confirmations, but they sure are wonderful to receive!!

    ReplyDelete