Friday, January 2, 2015

Five for Friday

Starting off 2015 with a trip to Newport to see my family so while we are getting in a lot of cousin time...planning summer fun trips...and running laps in my parents' driveway, here are a few randoms to start the year off right!  Stay tuned next week for lots of goal setting and fun!

21 Day Reset...I'm starting my year off with another reset with the fabulous Laura from Mommy Run Fast (there's still time to join in!)  Not only is she one of the sweetest people I have met, but her resets always get me back on track and feeling like myself again!  After a holiday season of a few too many treats, I'm ready to hit the reset button!!
Warrior Time...Our local running store, Marathon Sports, is throwing down the challenge flag again this year.
The Winter Warrior challenge is to run at least a mile outside every day in January.  Yesterday I measured out my parents' driveway and rallied the whole family for 10 laps up and down the driveway!  I'm sure it was quite the sight for any onlookers!!  2 miles down for me and quite a few laughs!!

Goal Setting...I'm spending some time these days trying to narrow in on a phrase or word for this year.  Last year was "Believe in Greatness"....this year I'm focusing on strength and speed so we shall see!  Do you have a word for the year?

Tiny House...Sitting in my sister's dining room and planning a road trip to the tiny house I mentioned a while back is just like us!  We are researching random hot spots we can hit on the way there...2 nights in a house with no electricity or water....yeah there may need to be a brew house in that trip!  Any suggestions for things to do with kids in Stowe in the summer?

Stretch it out...Yesterday I got my email from GaiamTV to start my 21 day challenge!  I took the quiz for my mantra for the year, "I've got this" and now I'm ready to stretch it out!!  The best part is that the workouts are emailed to me and I can do them whenever I have time in the day!  Check them out!  What is your GaiamTV mantra?

3 comments:

  1. You have a lot of great stuff going on, Nancy. So glad you can do the reset again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I took the mantra quiz but I don't remember what it gave me, I guess I better do it again, I love your mantra! I took the quiz and it told me I am a cultivator, grounded and relaxed, but I don't really see a mantra anywhere except under the three elements listed. Hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you are ready to rock 2015! I definitely need to do a reset, as I think I may have eaten my fair share of cookies in the last couple of months!

    ReplyDelete