Wednesday, January 7, 2015

WIAW January Reset Week 1

Monday started the January reset that I am doing with Laura from Mommy Run Fast.  I know it has only been a few days into the reset but clearly this is exactly what my body needed because I am feeling so much better and far less of that bloated feeling!  Christmas with it's stress and sugar at every turn did a number on me and boy am I happy to be back on track!! 
As a working mom of 2 lovely ladies, it works best for me to prep ahead and also make the same meals from breakfast through lunch.  This way things can be prepped ahead of time and all I have to do in the morning is grab it out of the fridge and throw it into my lunch box!  This week I have been making it on the fly more but I planned out all my meals and have kept to the same things every day.  Some people need a lot of variety but I could honestly eat the same thing for weeks at a time!  When I was pregnant with our second daughter I ate a BLT almost every day for dinner for the first 3 months!!! 
Here is how my days go from wake-up through afternoon snack:
Coffee....sorry I just have to have something!!!
Breakfast is a green smoothie...protein powder, water, spinach, and a banana
Snack: almonds and a pear/apple
Lunch: I love this tuna avocado salad (Laura's recipe)!  I drench it in some lemon juice and YUM!!
When I get home I either have a handful of nuts or a protein shake depending on what time it is.  If it is too close to dinner I pass!

Dinners so far have been pretty basic but yesterday's dinner I LOVED!!
Brown rice, steamed edamame, and grilled salmon!!!  YUMMM!!!

I am missing my crock pot since some of the other resetters have been boasting about fabulous things they have made in theirs, but I am feeling great and back in control!!

Are you a variety kind of person or do you eat the same day in and day out?

2 comments:

  1. Everything looks delicious! I'm glad you enjoy the tuna avocado salad- it's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wish I liked fish. I just have never been able to stomach it. I eat the same thing for breakfast and lunch on all weekdays. Once I'm bored of it I move to a new same thing. It just makes it easier. I also think that when you look at food as fuel for your body, versus something to address feelings it's easier to eat the same things.

    ReplyDelete