Friday, January 9, 2015

Goals For a New Year

There is something shiny and new about the beginning of a new year.  The slate is wiped clean and we have the chance to make this year what we want!  Add to that fact that my birthday is looming very near, it makes for a great time to look ahead at how I want 2015 and this next year of my life to look like!  Monday was all about the mantra...setting something down for when the training gets tough...and in order to BetterYourBest for me means laying down some goals in running and life.

Running...
Last year I had so many amazing experiences with running...meeting so many new people...establishing connections in the community...pushing my limits.  This year I am working on finding a balance with running...striving for my goals but still keep that joy and excitement that running brings me.  Hard and fast goals...
Run 1500 miles
Break 1:50 half marathon
Gain speed in the later miles
Run injury free

In order to work on that balance and speed, I have goals that will hopefully keep me injury free and strong for each time I lace up my Sauconys!
Do yoga more often in the week (My GaiamTV CommitToYou Challenge is helping this!)
Strength train 3 or more times a week....Building some guns over here!
Lose 20lbs by ZOOMA Cape Cod (I need a time limit on this one!)

Life...
This year has flown by at a more rapid speed than I am at all comfortable with.  I know some of this is a product of getting older and watching my girls grow up right in front of me.  Some of this is also because our schedules are filled with more than they should be.  My goals for life are an attempt at making life matter...slowing it down and realizing that these days that are whizzing by are MY LIFE....not just a practice!
Have 20 min each morning for devotions (get back on that journal wagon!)
Spend more unstructured time just enjoying my family
PUT DOWN THE PHONE
Stop procrastinating....connect with friends and family instead of putting it off for tomorrow!

What are some of your goals in 2015?

5 comments:

  1. I can relate to so many of your goals! I too want to break the 1:50 in the half marathon. For the past year I've been focused on the full marathon. Right now I'm working hard for a PR in Phoenix next month. After that I want a couple months of fun running and then I want to buckle down and actually work for a half mary PR. Shooting for a September goal race for this. That's the course that holds my last couple half mary PR accomplishments. I too am trying to add more Yoga into my routine because I really do believe it will help my running (I tried a class a couple nights ago actually and didn't love it). haha. And I love the this is "MY LIFE ... not just a practice!" SO SO true and I really want to focus on this with my boys as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a great year ahead of you!!! You'll get there!!! Good luck in Phoenix!

      Delete
  2. Thought it would've been fun to jump on the "2015 miles for 2015", I knew that attempting that would throw me WAY off balance. So, just trying to push enough to feel accomplished - in running and in life. With little ones, i'm sure you're reminded daily how quickly they're growing! Sound like great and achievable goals :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! I saw that and considered it for...about a hot minute! Good luck!!

      Delete
  3. Strength training is also something I want to work on this year. I feel like a lot of times, I just do my "go to" which is running, and I forget about some of the other muscles and body parts! I have been going to the gym once a week lately for weights...I figure it's better to start small for now!

    ReplyDelete