Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Let's Talk Training

This past week left me with a big smile across my face!!!  I was walking shuffling through Stop and Shop on Sunday with my family with a smile plastered across my face knowing my sore legs were the result of a great week of training!  Here's how it broke down...what I did is in pink!
Monday: 1m WU, T 2 m, 1m CD...Nailed it!  4.2 miles total
Tuesday:  KB...Switched things up after spending the day at Children's Hospital so I worked out my frustration on the road...5 miles total
Wednesday: 5 miles...did this the day before so I went to the gym early for KB
Thursday: 5 mile tempo...KB with my friends and then 5 miles after
Friday: 3 miles...Woke up early and banged out 3 miles!
Saturday: 10 miles...Met up with run group and had an awesome 10 mile run!
Sunday:  Rest...Yes thank you Lord!!!  Legs were SORE so rested felt amazing!  Sported my Tommie Copper compression all day long (full review coming!)!!!
Total miles...30
 As sore as I was I knew it was for a good reason!  I made sure I rolled a lot in the morning and stretched after running!  There is no need to be injured again!  With 5 weeks until the Newport 10 miler, I'm feeling strong...much stronger than last year!!!


3 comments:

  1. That's some awesome training!!!! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for feeling strong. You're right. There really is no need to be injured again. I need to tattoo that on my arm :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome week! Good work.

    ReplyDelete