Monday, March 17, 2014

Monday Motivation

One thing that I have learned about myself is that I will rise to whatever is around me.  If people are running at a 10 min mile pace around me, then so will I...if they are running 8s, so will I...if they lift heavy, so will I...and so on.  Some of my fastest races have been while I was running with my running group and keeping up with them as we wound around our town!  They are fast...and I was NOT going to let them leave me behind!!  I am the type of person who needs the bar set high...the gauntlet thrown...the challenge put out there!  Set your own bar high.  Don't limit what amazing things you can achieve when you put the challenge out there!!! 
What are you going to challenge yourself to do this week?

14 comments:

  1. Setting it high and scaling that sucker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am STICKING to my plan this week! It's sometimes a challenge to do but I am committed and ready to conquer the week! :)
    Karen @karenlovestorun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the set the bar higher image! I'm raising the bar by finishing the last 3 weeks of 90 days of P90X3 and then adding a 4th day of running into my weekly plan (Disclaimer: if the weather cooperates.).

    ReplyDelete
  4. FOAM ROLL FOAM ROLL FOAM ROLL!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Water water water....it's been lacking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm going to MOVE five times this week! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to challenge myself to get to bed earlier. Poor sleep is affecting my training :(
    Set the bar high and go for it Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is how I am on the bike for sure. I kill myself trying not to get dropped but it's the only way to get better. Keep at it sistah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My challenge this week is to not let the lure of sugary snacks get to me. I also want to get to class 6 times this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! Setting the bar high for sure. Sometimes I shy away because I'm afraid of failure. But I'm setting my bar high for my June 1/2 marathon. And I will crush it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this, I like to set the bar high, I tend to expect a lot out of myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am trying to set the bar higher in all aspects of my life right now, not just running!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Streeeeeeeetch! I need to stretch more :)

    ReplyDelete