Thursday, March 20, 2014

TTT

First day of Spring I broke out the jean jacket (yes I still own one!) and am ready with three randoms for the week!!
Gone for a Run...Last week I won a gift certificate for Gone for a Run from Dani at Weight off my Shoulders.  I knew exactly what I wanted to buy...a state shirt! 

It is so awesome and honestly one of the softest running shirts I have!  I would even say it's "wicked" awesome!!  They have ones for every state so head on over and run your state with pride!

Miles to Think...This past Tuesday we headed to Boston to see what we could do to remedy the hemangioma that our youngest daughter was born with.  Normally these are left to just run their course but hers is in the corner of her eye causing problems with her vision.  We had it removed at 3 months but wouldn't you know the pesky thing came back!  Tuesday was a dead end and we are looking at another surgery for her this Spring.  A flood of thoughts and emotions came over me thinking back to the first surgery...just the worry of the "what ifs".  I knew when we got home that I needed to run it out...to get on the road and let my legs and mind go...to talk with God step in step...to think and then to let it go.  I came back knowing it is going to be scary but she is "blessed and highly favored" and we are going to rest there! 

Sore...tired...happy...This week I've started back with my workouts and I have to say that getting out of bed in the morning sore has me with a smile on my face!  It is like a gentle reminder that I worked my muscles and am getting my workouts in!  I am making sure I'm stretching and rolling a bunch every morning, but that sore tired feeling is really great!  Now if only our youngest would sleep through the night (teething lately) and I could erase a little bit of the tired!

7 comments:

  1. Sending vibes for your youngest daughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool state shirt! Prayers for your you and your daughter:) Very stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your shirt! Wearing my Maine sweatshirt right now. :) Praying for you and your cute little girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too still own a jean jacket! :-) Babies are resilient! Hope everything goes well with your daughter, I can't even imagine how hard it is to but you have her best interests at heart and are doing awesome! We think our lil' man might be teething too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you little girl!

    I, too, still own a jean jacket and I wear it quite often once it warms up. My legs are protesting my strength workout from 2 days ago, so much so that my run this afternoon is in serious jeopardy. I can't even walk right. I should have the kids call me Mrs. Frankenstein instead of Mrs. Fitzpatrick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just got the same shirt for CA :) East coast west coast twins! Next time I'm in Boston for work, I'll bring it and we can have a run date!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry your little girl has to go through another surgery. Being a new mom, I can only imagine what goes through your head and how scary this all is. I'll keep my fingers cross that all goes well.

    ReplyDelete