Monday, March 24, 2014

Monday Motivation

I heard this quote the other day on from the AMR podcast looking back over their last 100 podcasts.  Images of last year's Boston Marathon began to rush into my head.  Banner day has come and the marathon is just 4 weeks away.  It is hard to not think about it.  I joined up with a group this weekend for a long run...a group of people who knew the finish line of last year all too well...a group of powerful and resilient men and women who have vowed to continue to cross that finish line!  It was a light conversation over the 10 miles I joined them for...talk of jacket colors and weather worries...of what corral they were in this year and how things have changed.  What wasn't discussed was April 15th, 2013...they had already lived it...and now they were ready to put it behind them!  Their resolve is so inspiring to me!  We all battle to get to the finish line...we sacrifice...we push...we make it to that finish line and throw our arms in the air...and this year EVERYONE will make it!!!

10 comments:

  1. Love this message...moving forward!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bart Yasso is AWESOME!! I had the opportunity to meet and run with him back in 2012 during the Runner's World Half & Festival Weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. first 5k yesterday :-)

    I give this an AMEN.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely beautiful and perfect. Putting April 15th behind us/them is the best thing and looking and moving forward is the best thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this. I was just reading Hal Higdon's book on Boston this week and have been thinking a lot about it as April approaches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this. I listened to that AMR podcast the other day during my run. Love them.

    This is going to be an amazing year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely love that quote. So true and yes, this year is going to be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a great quote! I want to cross a finish line again soon!

    ReplyDelete