Friday, February 26, 2010

Nerves

I'm not sure what it is but boy am I nervous for my half-marathon on Sunday!!!! I think it may be that I have actually set a goal (under 2 hours) and I am not really a person who likes to fail at anything....I mean ANYTHING! Right Cin?! :-) This leaves me with lots of nerves because I know that if I don't get a sub 2 hour time I will be really bummed. Granted last time I finished in 2hr and 2min and it was a WICKED hilly course and I had a short training time frame. However, watching the weather report I am hoping that a flat course will make up for the cold temps and SNOW! Really???? It's almost March! ENOUGH!! I can't complain though at least I don't live in the DC area! So there it is folks! I am a nervous nelly! Any advice for calming the nerves or getting a PR....ANY ADVICE????

2 comments:

  1. VISUALIZE!! Tell yourself you are going to run under 2 hours and just visualize it. You'll do it. GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck tomorrow!! i agree with n.d. - visualize yourself running the race, running relaxed, feeling strong, crossing the line sub-2 :) you can do it!

    ReplyDelete