Saturday, August 7, 2010

Showers of Blessings

Some days I feel like God is just pouring out challenges all day...but today he was pouring showers of blessings. I wanted to take the time to remember them before tomorrows challenges come!

This was the temp today as I stepped out of my car for my long run...bliss since it has been pushing 95 with 100% humidity for about a month now!
  • As I was running along the beach, it was the most beautiful sight...the clouds were sucking up the water and it left streams of light going up towards the clouds. It was the kind of sight that makes you stop and smile.
  • A great, confidence building long run...I ran 11.2 miles in 1:39 which puts me right on track for getting a time under 2 hours for my next half. Bonus is that I felt great and ran the last quarter faster than the first!
  • The hubs let me go out for my long run which I know is a sacrifice for him since he then has Emma duty.
  • The chance to see cousins I haven't seen in almost 8 years...Em and I went down to the Cape to celebrate my Aunt and Uncle's 50th wedding anniversary. The bonus was that we were all together again which is a feat considering we are coming from all over the country. Emma had a blast and it was so fun just laughing and enjoying each other!
  • Water at just the right time...There is a restaurant on the beach and they had put out a cooler of water today which I found just when I needed it this morning!
  • My Dad is getting sassy with the nurses in ICU which means he must be feeling better! They had to cut out a large ulcer from his intestines and reconnect everything again.
Take time to be showered by today's blessings!! Goodnight!



No comments:

Post a Comment