Monday, February 17, 2014

Monday Motivation

source
I've gotten myself lately into a pattern of getting discouraged when I don't nail a workout or my eating isn't perfect.  It throws me off my focus and keeps me from getting to where I'm trying to go.  I've seen this quote many times but this morning it is practically screaming at me!  Progress is the key!  I'm not going to always have the perfect run...but I am getting closer each time I get out there!  I'm not going to always have the best eats each and every day...but I can choose to dust myself off and do better with the next meal!  Injury will keep me from swinging heavy kettlebells...but I can do other things to continue to work my muscles!  Don't let the quest for perfection keep you from even starting!  Shoot for progress each day...make the best choices you can each day...and one day you will see your hard work!!
Do you ever let the quest for perfection keep you from progressing?

8 comments:

  1. I think being injured a lot this last year has really taught me that. Hope your back feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so may hugs as I GET GET GET THE BACK ISSUE THING.

    Im all about the baby steps here after learning the hard way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We always need this reminder! None of us are perfect, but we can still celebrate all of our good choices each day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a constant issue! Thanks for the reminder and the example to always go for progress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to remember. Although I am not a perfectionist, sometimes in my workout life, those thoughts get in the way;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to learn this lesson the hard way! Now I will never forget it :)

    ReplyDelete