Thursday, March 2, 2017

TTT

I apologize for my lack of posting...procrastination at its finest!  I have a lot of great posts circling in my mind but I just need to take the time to write them all out! What better way though to get back to writing than with a little randomness!

Running update bumpdate...Last week I decided to try to run again.  I was experiencing a lot of pain as my belly grew and running was super uncomfortable.  After having a major identity crisis....I mean what kind of runner doesn't run...I decided to try and throw in some 1 min intervals while I was walking.  It felt good...no at 27 weeks with baby #3 I am no gazelle but at least I am moving faster than a walk.  I kept going and after 1 min on and 1 min off for 30 minutes I felt awesome!  I've done it a few times again since.  I can't say it is consistently a good experience (one day I felt like everything was going to fall out...sorry tmi) but I am willing to keep going as long as there is no pain. 

Lent...Each year I pick one thing to give up for Lent.  I usually try to pick something that is causing me stress or to feel badly.  This year I chose sugary treats...
I have posted before about it but this pregnancy I have really loved the sweet treats.  I have tried to cut back but I always seem to crave them and then I have something that I try to justify with just being pregnant.  I know that this is not only not healthy but it is a habit that will be even harder to break when little man is here.  So for the next 40 days I am going to give up sugary treats...I'm staring my cravings in the eye and walking away!! 

Dr. Seuss...This week at school we are celebrating Dr. Seuss.  The different grades are doing different things so with my students we have been doing really fun projects and activities centered around his books.

Seriously it has been one of the most fun weeks this year!  I have found it so easy to plan and prep...not to mention how much fun the kids are having.  It has gotten me thinking...we focus so much on achievement and progress in testing that I feel like we need weeks like this to remind us that learning...especially in elementary school...is fun!  What is a fun memory you have from school?

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how you do it. I could barely move during my last pregnancy let alone run or exercise.

    ReplyDelete