Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Wordless Wednesday meets Race Report

This weekend I was able to don a Santa suit and scurry around the streets of New Bedford!  The Santa Sightings 5k was held on Saturday and while I was bummed all my running buddies were busy, it was a fun race.  Plus I scored myself a PR of 22:38!!  I think the key for me was that I lined up at the front of the pack....no one really wanted to line up at the front so I went for it!  Apparently I rise to those around me! 

So here's the Good and Bad of the Santa Sightings 5k:
Good
  • Who wouldn't love a PR?!
  • You get a Santa costume with your registration
  • very well organized with lots of parking and an easy number pick-up
  • Lots of festiveness....is that a word?
Bad
  • If you've every been to New Bedford you would know that like a lot of cities....you have your share of sketchy people.  Add to that the fact that I am dressed as Santa and well.....you just can't go unnoticed
  • Not officially timed......I know picky but well....
  • HILLS!!!!  I passed one guy and asked if there were any flat streets in New Bedford!  In the course of 3.1 miles we ran up at least 4 steep hills and one was cobblestone!
I would run it again....hills and all!  Next time I am forcing my friends to sign up with me though!  Here are the pictures to prove it!!!

Before Santa



20 comments:

  1. haaaaaaaaa!!!! omg! this looks like a blast!!!! seriously so jealous and congrats on an incredible PR time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME Nancy! You look amazing and I'm sure you were plenty warm! Where is your snow?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so fun! Great job and congrats on the PR!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These looks like lots of fun...and congrats on your PR!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A pr in a santa suit is impressive-- great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so fun! Great job on the PR! Hills and a Santa suit and still a PR is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your pics!! Congrats on the PR Nancy!! Wooo hoo! You look so cute in your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good times and congrats on the PR Mrs. Speedy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's awesome that you PR'd on a hilly course. Nice work! I love the pics. So much fun to see a sea of santas:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Posing with the reindeer cracks me up :-)
    well done on a PR on a hilly course no less, wooohooooo.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Apparently, looking adorable as Santa suits you! Congrats on a new PR!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WoooHooo!!!! Congrats on the PR!!! You look adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats on the PR! What a fun race!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. FUN! And I would do it just for the santa suit. Great job girl!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These Santa races are all over the place this year! Love it :) congrats on the new PR!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE the outfit, especially on the dog :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on the race! I love the Santa run. It looks like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  18. wow...I can't believe you get a costume. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete