Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Let's Talk Training

This week I'm going to lay out how I have been trying to merge my half marathon training for ZOOMA Cape Cod and the 12 Weeks to a Fit Physique program.  It certainly isn't ideal since...well I'm not a professional athlete and my job isn't working out (although if anyone out there is looking for a mom of 2 to sponser I'm all yours!) so there are days when the last thing I want to do is run! 
I start my week on Monday since Sunday is my rest day...like lay down and do not a thing day...because that could happen!!
Monday: Back and Cardio...Today worked out great since the cardio was to run 3 miles.  Headed to the gym early with the sun and cranked out the back workout and then hopped on the treadmill for 3 miles.
Tuesday:  3 miles (from schedule) and legs and abs workout-Another morning at the gym.  I did the weights first and then another 3 miles on the mill!
Wednesday: 6 mile tempo and chest & shoulders workout-I didn't want to spend another day running the treadmill (there will be plenty of that come winter) so I did my tempo first thing in the morning.  Later in the day when the ladies took a nap I headed to the basement and did weights.
Thursday: Cardio...StairMaster.  I was nervous to do this since I have always seen the StairMaster as the stairs of doom but I owned it!!  Later in the day I cranked out 3 more miles while the girls slept!
Friday:  I knew I had a busy Saturday morning so hubby graciously let me do my long run today as long as I was home before he went to work (hind sight...Aubs woke up with an infected spider bite and we ended up in Urgent Care so I guess it was good to start the day with something more positive!).  The air has been so crisp lately especially in the mornings so it was awesome!  13.1 miles down for Jost Running!
Saturday: Because I skipped the weight workout for Friday, I did it today while Aubs slept.  Biceps, triceps, and legs done and done!!  I tweaked a few exercises since I was at home and not at the gym.
Sunday:  REST!!!!!  Sat my sore hiney on the beach!!!
How do you make weights and cardio fit in for you?
When pressed for time, which would you choose?

4 comments:

  1. Awesome blending going on there girl! Hope Aubs is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blend! You are doing a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing great! I am always amazed at how well you juggle your training and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been trying to be better with running and lifting. I have started half marathon training and usually when I am training it's hard to fit in lifting too! Good for you for making it happen :)

    ReplyDelete