Tuesday, February 2, 2016

#WinterWarrior in Review

This past month of January I took the Winter Warrior Challenge with Marathon Sports.
As I have posted about before, the challenge is to run at least 1 mile outside every day for the month of January.  Now I have tried the challenge in the past but flu and blizzards have kept me from completing the challenge.  Thankfully we were all healthy this year and have had it pretty easy with the weather considering.  The biggest challenge for me this month was getting in the OUTDOOR miles.  Once I start school again and the sun disappears far earlier each day, my miles are usually confined to a treadmill except for the weekends.  I'm too afraid to run alone in the dark and sometimes the temps were far too low to have my girls out for the fun.  This meant a lot of miles during my 25 minute lunch!  I actually loved it and was feeling out of sorts yesterday morning when I wasn't carrying my bag of running gear to school!  I like getting out during my day for a dose of Vitamin D and some sweat!  I tried to be a good blogger and take as many pictures as I could....so here's a rundown of the month!!



2 comments:

  1. Good for you!! And you have so many cute hats :-) This weather has been stellar - I wish I could say the same for my kid's immune system but I guess one out of two isn't bad. Keep it up mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking about trying out lunch running, and this is totally motivating me to do so! I feel like when it's cold out I can just quickly wipe down and get to work instead of needing a full-on shower like in the summer. You may be the motivation I needed to try it out!

    ReplyDelete