Tuesday, November 20, 2012

#HBBC2012 Kickoff

Yesterday was the first day of the HBBC 2012!  This challenge couldn't come at a better time for me now that I am beginning to be able to work out more!  It is a fine line for me though since I do not want to do too much too soon and set myself back with an injury.  I headed out to the grocery store with a plan in mind...load up on veggies and fruits!  I planned meals this week with veggies in mind first and worked everything else around them....salads, smoothies, stir fries, and veggies galore! 

During this challenge I also want to not only get my own workouts in but also plan extra fitness that involves my family!  As the fall starts to fade into winter, our chances to get outside become less and less (unless we have another winter like last which I would love!).  Yesterday we bundled up, I stuck Aubrey in the Bjorn inside my jacket, and off we went on a walk/bike ride.  The fresh air was just what we needed (Aubrey slept almost the whole night!) and I was happy to get Em outside and moving!

Are you in the HBBC 2012?  How did your first day go?

8 comments:

  1. HBBC totally motivated me yesterday! I love it! Glad you were able to get out with the girls:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW did I miss Aubrey's birth?!?!?! worst reader ever.....I'm off to creep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome that you are getting outside with the baby like that. It does everyone so much good, doesn't it? You're going to tear the challenge up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the motivation and accountability that challenges like this bring, not to mention the community! It's my first HBCC, but I am loving it so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool. Always great to find something to get you through the holiday season. Runner's World is doing a runners streak (at least a mile a day)from Thanksgiving to New Years... I may do that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm afraid this winter isn't going to be as nice as the last one so taking advantage of the nice days is going to be crucial.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoy the cold but sunny days of winter for a little walk - glad you & the girls got outside!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No stopping you! You're amazing! I love that you are getting baby Aubrey out there too!

    ReplyDelete