Wednesday, September 19, 2012

WIAW....What's in My Lunchbox

Another Wednesday is here already!!  The weeks seem to be ticking by quickly now that I am back in school teaching.  One aspect of being back to school that I am finding my rhythm with is packing this bad boy
Since I am up early trying to pack all that I can into the 1 1/2 hours before I head out the door with one of these in my hands,
I pack my lunch the night before with lots of snacks
 and of course my lunch
This chicken salad recipe I made up from taking pieces of recipes that I found on Pinterest.  Basically I took chicken and shredded it (you can poach it or use a rotisserie chicken).  Then I combined an avocado, a tiny amount of mayo, and green onion.  I added a little salt and pepper and threw it on a flax wrap...oh let's not forget some pickles!

I'm linking up with the fabulous Peas and Crayons....check it out and see some amazing eats!

16 comments:

  1. oooh Im not a pin'er but now you have me wondering if I mightcould find ideas there for my daughters lunchbox!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've gotten a lot of ideas from there. Just a simple way to store every recipe I want to try too without cluttering my house!

      Delete
    2. I use Pinterest as a recipe box too! I have so many recipe books and notebooks full of clippings that I NEVER look at. Pinterest is so much easier to keep organized!

      Delete
    3. Plus I love the visual part of it. If it looks yummy I'm more apt to make it!

      Delete
  2. I wish we had Chobani where I'm from. The flavours look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to take a cooler with lunch and snacks along when I leave the house too. Good idea to get organized and do it the night before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of adding avocado to chicken salad, yum! Looks like a delicious, healthy lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are so many great ideas on pinterest. Looks like it turned out well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that chicken salad idea especially for the leftover chicken from dinner. Good idea Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have that same tupperware. LOL. Just thought that was funny. Lunch looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmmm pickles! I love your lunch bag/box thingy. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You made something from Pinterest?
    You. Are. My. Hero.

    ReplyDelete
  10. yum!!! that lunch idea is perfect for me! i am so stuck in my lunch ways. it would be so great to break out of the same old same old and try new things! i may try this:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. yummy! i love chobani! i love finding recipes on pinterest and making them. (:

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks like a great lunch, love the chicken salad idea for Bills lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all your snacks! I am the same; I think I have more snacks than "lunch". I try to see how long I can hold off before I start to eat them though, because once I start, it's game on for the rest of them!

    ReplyDelete