Friday, July 18, 2014

Fitness Friday...Finding Strength

This past year I have been discovering how much strength training can really help my running and overall weight loss.  I've been so excited to see the changes in my body as I swing kettle bells heavier and heavier.  I can honestly say that I've always shied away from too heavy weights thinking I would just get bulky and bigger.
source
In fact just the opposite is happening and I dare say my muscle tone is finally returning!! (If only my mom abs weren't the last to join the party! Lol!)

Last week I was chosen to try out a new workout program as an ambassador for Fitfluential that is going to be a 12 week journey...12 Weeks to a Fit Physique with Jolynn Toma and I couldn't be more excited to see the changes that are going to happen through this journey.  I'll be running 3 days a week with one being my long run while keeping my eyes on ZOOMA Cape Cod, and strength training using workouts from Jolynn.  I started last week and boy oh boy was I sore!!  Using free weights again taxes my muscles in whole new ways!  Since I can't just workout hard and not pay attention to nutrition, Jolynn's program is designed to teach us HOW to eat by counting our macros.  I think it will take a little time to get just right but I am using My Fitness Pal to count my calories, fat, carbs, and protein...feel free to offer suggestions!  Coupled with my Raspberry Keytone and Green Coffee Bean supplements from SD Pharmaceuticals, I should be a fat burning machine! :-)

I'm excited to be trying something new...all be nervous about shifting my focus from all running all the time...I know these 12 weeks will be a learning journey ending actually on the day of ZOOMA Cape Cod!  I'm not quite ready to show off before pics but I'll be giving you all updates along the way.  I've never been anything but honest on here and this is no different.  I know my struggle will be nutrition but I know it's a hill I need to tackle!  Enjoy your Friday!!!
Have you ever shifted your training to a different focus?  What happened?

ZOOMA Cape Cod is 90% full so make sure you hit the register button and join the fun!  Remember to use the code CCAMB8 to get 10% off!!

3 comments:

  1. I have just recently shifted training focus. I'll let you know how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to keep weights a consistent part of my training! I don't enjoy it as much, but I know it's important so I end up going through phases of lifting regularly and then not as much. Right now I'm trying to make sure I do weights 1-2 times a week. I bet you'll see a lot of differences by going from kettle bells to free weights!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started doing HIIT workouts 4 years ago and it wa so amazing! I never would have guessed I could workout hard for 12-20 minutes and see amazing results. I used to do them 4-5 times a week and now that I have slacked off I can really tell! They were also really good for my running times.

    ReplyDelete