Friday, December 11, 2009

Whole lot of This and That!

Well I have to apologize for being MIA for so long! I have been keeping up with the HBBC but as far as blogging I have been a waste! The problem being my little lovey daughter has been waking up in the middle of the night standing up in her crib screaming and crying...not quite sure why. There could be many things...teeth, dreams, a noise she hears...who knows but it some nights happens 3-5 times!!! This makes for a very tired day for momma! I have been falling asleep as soon as she goes to bed! But I have lots to talk about...just have been laking in the energy to do so!

First things first...I hit my prepregnancy weight!!! I am very excited about this but I still have 10lbs more to go! I really need to lose these next 10lbs...I just need to do it for me.


It has been really hard for me to verbalize this...I never thought I would do this but I find it hard to do things for me lately and they are all starting to catch up with me. A good example of this my poor excuse for hair. The last time I had it done was 6 months ago!! YIKES! Now lucky me I have curly hair so I can get away with a little but I have gone WAY past the allotted time! I just have a hard time...maybe it's guilt because I am working and would be taking even more time away from Emma...I don't know. However, this came to a big reality check for me last week. I was having chest pains for about 4 weeks that I was trying to ignore, coupled with an eye twitch that wouldn't quit I was a mess. I called my doctor about the chest and they told me I had to go to the ER because they would be able to do tests there. Well....I never went. And as much as I know I really need to get it checked out and get my physical I just saw it as a colossal waste of time to go to the ER and have someone tell me that I need to relax. Some days I look in the mirror and don't recognize myself. I feel like sometimes I am trying so hard to just stay above water that weeks fly by and I never take time to recharge my batteries. Is this normal? How do I make it all fit????

On a more positive note, I ran in a local 5K last weekend and was so excited with my time!
!! I got done in 25:20. Now that isn't my fastest but it is 2 minutes faster than my last one I ran in May. I was so mad though because I didn't know where the finish line was. Before I knew what was going on, we turned a corner and there it was. Either way I am excited with my time and I was able to run with my good friend Jill. We dressed up too!!!

Now it's on to my next half marathon. It is coming up in February and from what I hear it is a flat course. I bought some GU and am going to try it. I am really hoping to reach my goal of under 2 hours with this race but I am a little worried with the weather. It is on Cape Cod...in Feb=friggin freezing!

My goal is to make my goals list for 2010...Mel at Tall Mom has inspired me to get them down and stop putting it off! I hope you all have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment