Saturday, October 22, 2011

Cupcake Classic Virtual 3.7 Race Report!

This week Run with Jess hosted a Virtual 3.7 mile race to celebrate her 37th birthday.  I mean what better way to celebrate your birthday than with a run!!  Part of the fun is raising money for an amazing cause...American Cancer Society.  Happy birthday Jess!!! 

I planned on running this with my running group but since the skies opened up Wednesday night, I took it inside.  I warmed up for a mile and then went to work.  I must admit I felt like I may loose my lunch during this but I am so excited about my time.  I did pick-ups of 30, 60, 60, 90 seconds.  27:41....yay!!

Since it was pouring, we did the pics the next day.  You say cupcakes we say.....


Of course Em was game for cupcakes.....it was just deciding which one to choose:

She decided on a "sparkly" one since everything these days must be sparkly! 


Yum....Well worth the 3.7 miles!!


11 comments:

  1. Excellent job! Well deserved cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Too fun...and what a special cupcake time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome time! Love the pictures....Mmmmm cupcakes, I would love me one right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job getting the cupcake in the photo. I was too lazy to bake any or go to town and get one. I love that she picked a sparkly one. She is my kind of gal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job!! :) Love the cupcake pics too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was that cupcake as yummy as it looked?

    ReplyDelete
  7. If the ending suits it then go for it! Those cupcakes are making me hungry! They were probably as good as they look weren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  8. awesome job and the cupcakes look awesome! Love the picture in front of the display!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like the most delicious race ever!! yum!

    ReplyDelete