Thursday, October 6, 2011

Three Things Thursday

Good morning all!!  Welcome to another random edition of Three Things Thursday!! 

1.  



On Saturday I will be picking up my dusty glove and putting on my cracked cleats to play in an alumni softball game.  This is part of my 10 year reunion for college!!  For those of you who don't know, before running took over my competitive life, I was a softball player.  I played for 15 years all the way through college.  It was an amazing experience in my life and something that was used as a tool in my life for so many things.  I am so looking forward to seeing all my girls again however, I am honestly nervous about stepping up to the plate again.  Let's just say its been a while since I picked up a bat and since we're playing the current team....it could be ugly!

2.  Picking up the pace.....I know I gush about my running group all the time but I just love it!  I don't usually wear my Garmin and even when I do I can't seem to figure out pacing since we stop and go a lot.  Well last night I was cruising along during one of our intervals and a person from the other group came up to run next to me.  He told me I was doing a great job and holding a 6:32 pace.....WHAT?!!!  I replied something along the lines of not having an excuse now for slower race times!  I was beyond psyched.  I know it was just a short interval (90 seconds) but I wasn't laboring and it was a boost in confidence for me!

3.  Wanna be my friend?....Ok so don't know much about organizing these things but if you are on the South Shore to the Islands or anywhere close to here in Massachusetts (or even if you live far away) and would like to have a meet-up let me know!  I think it would be great to get together and have fun!  Let me know any ideas you have!!!  Maybe we could all do a race or something fun....or maybe no running and we could look all pretty and what not!  The possibilities are endless!!!

9 comments:

  1. aww bummer! my last trip to hyannis was two weeks ago! I won't be back down there until next year...but...I do live in South Boston, probably not too far of a drive...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's just like riding a bike, right? Have fun with it. And nice going on that pace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun. I played competitive fastpitch for years also. That reunion sounds like a blast. You should hit up a batting cage for practice. I can't imagine how sore my arm would be after a game. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like your reunion will be a blast though. even for 90 seconds 6:32 is killer. :) I think we are planning to come up to RI, Mass, and NY for spring break this coming yr. Maybe we could be lucky and get a race in that Saturday....I'd love to meet with a blogging buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw, I wish I lived there!
    Good luck at your softball game! I am so impressed with people who are actually good at sports involving a ball ;). You are apparently a VERY talented runner, too! 6:32 is FAST! Go you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun at the reunion and the game!! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice pace! Whew, that is fast! I wonder how long you could hold that!? I will be at the Green Stride on the 23rd in Newburyport. I know it's a ways from you, but if you are free or want to run, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had one very unsuccessful season of softball my 6th grade year. I played right field and (thank God) the ball never came to me once. It was my last attempt! So my hats off to you! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want pics of your alumni game!!!! Lay down a bunt and run!!

    ReplyDelete