Monday, October 31, 2011

Monday Motivation

Well yes I am out of the cloud that was my Thursday through Sunday!  I don't think it was the flu since I got a flu shot weeks ago but I was freezing, feverish, and achy!!!  I skipped the race (even though I felt SUPER guilty) and just allowed myself to sleep in and rest.  It had been a while!  I felt much better this morning and was able to head to the gym and get in my run for the Halloween 5K!  Thank you so much for the well wishes and great advice!  

Being down and out for 4 days has me geared up for the next two months!  I mean let's be real people....2012 is right around the corner.  I have just over 300 miles to run to hit 1500 for 2011.....yeah you do the math....that's some serious mileage but I am going to give it a shot.  In addition I would like to end the year at the weight I was shooting for which leads me to my Pinterest fix for the Motivation Monday:

Think about this as you reach into that plastic, orange jack-o-lantern filled with candy goodness! 

Oh and just one more for all of you that was part of this weekend's Noreaster and Heather over at Run Faster Mommy who posted last week about the cold in NH.....

10 comments:

  1. Ooooh great 'food for thought'!
    Glad you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That SUCKS that you had to miss the race, but that sounds EXACTLY like what I had the week before my race and I couldn't even get out of bed b/c I was FREEZING!!!!!!! anytime I would try to run my joints were killing and an injury isn't worth it. I am so proud of you for making that call :D get better! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are feeling better - and you still got in your 5k in one form or another...did you wear the costume at the gym this morning?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy your feeling better! I never get the flu shot....you probably had the flu! :) i need to think about that last picture as I keep looking at elevations when debating on what my next race will be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are feeling better! 1500 miles - go Nancy go!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are feeling better

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're feeling better! This weekend was not one to be racing in - so freaking cold! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I would have seen this post before reaching into the candy basket.......

    xo,
    Sarah
    Get Up & Go

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the last quote, SO TRUE!! It reminds me that my mom always told me " There is no bad weather, just bad cloths" :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the "Just Run" pic. I am sometimes on the side of the soft person, but I am trying to toughen up and brave cold and rain :)
    New Follower.

    ReplyDelete