Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Teamwork Tuesday

For as long as I have known my husband, I have been a runner.  While my running did not have as large of an impact on his life before Em, there has been little time in the last 11 years that I have not been training for something (except when I was preggers....then again I was training for labor).  While there have been days he has grown tired of my running escapades, he has supported me.  Feeling guilty.....and wanting to support him....I have tried to get him to do a race.  No go....however he has decided to embark on his own training.....for a body building show.  I have said before on this blog that he is King Weights while I am Queen Cardio and it couldn't be more true!  The show is in April and "training" will begin in January but I have been nagging asking how I can support him through this.  I don't have the training tips but I want to be part of the team.  Yesterday he came home with a bracelet for me to wear to be part of the team:

While it isn't Tiffany's....or diamond encrusted...it means a lot to have him want me to be part of his team.  This got me thinking.....

Who is on your team?  How do they support you?

I would say I tend to enlist my entire family as my team....hubby, inlaws, parents, sister, friends.  It takes a village to raise a child....what does it take to raise a runner?

Speaking of teams.....My BFF Jill is running NYC for Team Hole in the Wall....but that is another post all together!!!

Team Capen......Have you thanked your team today???

12 comments:

  1. What great timing for your post! I was just thinking how grateful I am for my husband, who is supporting me as I prep for Cape Cod Marathon this weekend. He stocked the fridge and has cooked a couple meals ahead, to ensure I eat well during this week. He also stocked our fridge/cabinets with PowerAde Zero to ensure I get enough fluids.

    Then there's Meaghan, who has offered/threatened (kidding!) to run the last 10K with me. I mean, c'mon...it doesn't get much better than having a hubby and BFF who go the distance for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE :D I love this. my team is my family for sure. not too many friendships now that I'm a mom and they're not. but I love my fam and our team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the "bracelet"! What a great idea! My biggest supporter is my boyfriend and he comes to most of my races, he is even willing to join me on my 50 state racing quest! He won't run, but he is the best cheerleader/motivator and a perfect photographer!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE THIS POST!!!!! my family is definitely on my team...especially my brother and sister. i can always feel their support even from miles away and it feels soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being a mom and a runner is a team effort! Love that your family works together to support each other! So nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the bracelet! I need to thank my team more. My f/b status is about how my hubby will HATE my latest brainchild idea on running..... He is my team, as well as my parents, kids, and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fantastic that your hubby has his won thing going. I love he included you like that. I'm excited for him. I hope you'll be letting us in a little. That world has always been so fascinating to me.

    I definitely have a team of bloggers! that I couldn't imagine my running life without!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post! It comes at a great point since I've been discussing a possible marathon in the future. I know it would be a team effort. My team is definitely my husband and kids as my supporters, my parents and sister as fellow runners, and my running friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, I love it. That's so sweet of him. I think it's awesome he has decided to do the building competition. You all can push and motivate each other. And I agree with the "it takes a village to raise a child". That's Tom's moms favorite quote and so true. I need to thank my team more!!! I never take them for granted but you can never say thanks to much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet way to show you are part of his team.

    My team is definitely my family and my darling daughter is such a great motivator. I keep telling her I accomplished what I do because of her support. But I feel that my blog community is also part of my team, providing me the guidance and support that my family may not have the knowledge to do for me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My team has to be my entire family. From my wife who supports me in so many different ways as I try to get better. To my two daughters who pray for dad none stop that I would regain the use of my arm and leg again!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that you got a bracelet to be an official part of his team!
    I've discovered this year that I have a HUGE team! And they are all incredible! Coaches, coworkers, friends, frunners (friend runners), bloggers, Tweeps and sometimes even random strangers! We are all in this together and I've been blessed beyond measure to be a part of such an amazing "team"!

    ReplyDelete